Also known as all-terrain vehicles, quads, or four wheelers, ATV outdoor recreational products can lead to serious injuries or even death. If you or someone you care about has been hurt in an ATV crash, contact Mayo Law. Our New Jersey ATV attorneys know just how dangerous and devastating ATV accidents can be.
Victims who fall or are thrown from an all-terrain vehicle during an accident could suffer from many types of serious injuries, including head injuries, facial injuries, or traumatic brain injuries. ATV accident could also result in neck injuries, fractures and broken bones. Even worse, some injuries have resulted in permanent spinal cord injuries or paralysis.
ATV Accident Statistics
- In 2006, 555 ATV-related deaths were reported to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- More than 100 children died in ATV accidents in 2006.
- Alarmingly, a third of the total ATV deaths and injuries happen to children under the age of 16.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated that an additional 146,600 people were treated in emergency rooms for ATV-related accidents in 2006.
- A study by The Children’s Hospital of Ohio indicated that 1/3 of emergency rooms visits caused by an ATV accident were chidren under sixteen.
- In 2004, ATVs were involved in the most deaths, 149, in children under 15.
- New Jersey leads the nation in fatal ATV accidents. There were 357 ATV accident deaths from 1982 to 2004.
- In a 2.5 year study by the Oklahoma Department of Health, 25% of the people with ATV injuries were passengers.
- Nearly 5,800 people died in quad wrecks between 1982 and 2003.
- From 1982 to 2003, the number of children injured in all-terrain vehicle accidents rose by 86 percent.
Most people aren’t sure what to do after an ATV accident and ask questions, such as
- Who will pay for my medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering?
- Can I get money to help me right now?
- Should I sign any papers? Do i need an attorney?
You need Mayo & Russ on your side.
You’ve got questions; we have answers. Let our New Jersey ATV lawyers and staff take over the hassles and worries of your case so that you can concentrate on getting better.